DynamicNotifications Premium v1.6 Final
Requirements: Android 4.0+
Overview: DynamicNotifications allows you to receive important notifications when your screen is off.
When you miss a call or receive a new email/SMS, the display will discreetly light up to let you know, without needing to unlock the device. Most phones only have a pulsing notification LED that doesn’t actually tell you anything about the incoming notification – with ActiveNotifications, you can immediately decide if something is important enough to act.
* Notifications don’t light up when your phone is in your pocket, purse, or face down to avoid accidental unlocks
* Select which app-notifications you’d like to receive via ActiveNotifications
* “Custom timeout”: Select for how long ActiveNotifications should be shown (Premium feature)
* “Sleep at night”: Don’t show notifications at night (Premium feature)
* “More privacy”: Hide additional notification details (e.g. SMS text, sender) (Premium feature)
* “Adjust screen brightness”: Select how bright the ActiveNotifications screen should be (Premium feature)
* Automatically switch off screen when dismissing notifications(Premium feature)
- Swipe up to see more details about the notification
- Swipe down to unlock the device (respects your unlock-security settings)
- Swipe left or right to dismiss the notification
- How can I make sure the app is working correctly?
Launch the app and follow the setup steps. Then, switch off your phone’s screen and send an email to yourself from your PC. After a few seconds, the notification screen should light up!
- The screen sometimes turns on to the lockscreen, even if my phone is in my pocket
Please go to your phone’s system settings –> “Security” –> “Device administrators” and tick the checkbox next to “ActiveNotifications”. This will *only* allow the app to lock your screen, nothing else!
- When I lock my screen, nothing happens!
The app isn’t a lockscreen replacement. It respects your security settings (PIN/Pattern lock) and only appears if you actually receive a new notification while the screen is turned off
- Will the app become available for Android 2.x, 3.x, 4.x?
The app is now compatible with Android >=4.0. If you’re running Android 4.3, it will make use of the new “NotificationListenerService”-feature introduced in Android 4.3. Support for Android 4.0 to 4.2 is experimental, at the moment, but please try it out and let me know how you get on!
- Why can’t I uninstall the app?
Please go to your system settings, select “Security”, “Device Administrators” and uncheck the ActiveNotifications-entry. You will then be able to uninstall the app.
- If you’re using “None” or “Slide” as your system lock setting, the “custom timeout”-feature isn’t recommended, because it will turn your screen fully on after the timeout has passed. Please consider adjusting your system display timeout setting to the desired time as a temporary workaround. This will be fixed in the next version
Please note: This is an experimental app. It has been confirmed to work on the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7, 10, and the Google Play edition of the S4 (all running stock Android 4.3 or CM10.2) so far. Please let me know if it does/doesn’t work for you! It should work on any phone with Android >=4.0 and doesn’t require “root”.
Feature graphic design by Robert Olejnik (http://goo.gl/LNXimn)
- Revamped the “Custom screen timeout”-feature – it should now work even if you’ve got your system lockscreen set to “None”/”Slide” and also should play nice with the “Use as lockscreen”-feature. Please let me know if it works better than before – if it doesn’t, I can easily switch back to the “old” custom timeout-implementation
- (Short) breathing animation once the notification screen starts up
- Dismissing a notification by swiping left or right should now turn off the screen for everyone, even if you’re using “None” or “Slide” as your system lockscreen.
- New high-quality icons for popular notification types (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, WhatsApp)
- New ActionBar-menu-options for the Settings-screen (e.g. view FAQs, email me (with a log-file attached), uninstall the app (the app needs to be deactivated from the “Device Administrator” system settings menu before it can be uninstalled, which is why I included a “one-step-uninstall”-feature in the menu))
- Breathing feature (turns screen on and off at pre-defined intervals until you acknowledge the new notification)
- “Use as a lockscreen”-feature (Shows the notification screen every time you unlock your device, even if there are no new notifications)
- Some minor bugfixes (e.g. screen no longer stays on indefinitely if you’ve got the “custom brightness” feature enabled)
- Rebranding (“DynamicNotifications”)
This app has no advertisements
Free DynamicNotifications Premium v1.6 Final apk